In the last few years, veterinary technician has become one of the most popular career choices for people in Minnesota. Due to this, you can easily find some good vet tech schools in Minnesota offering exceptional programs and training.
A veterinary technician can work in clinics, hospitals and other establishments requiring assurance for good health of animals. Most vet schools offer a wide range of programs and courses to make sure you know everything about animal physiology, behavior and medicine.
It’s important to understand that Minnesota offers some of the best vet tech schools in the country. However, you still need to spend some time on your research. Before you enroll yourself in a particular school, it’s important to gather information about the course, its duration, subjects you need to study, and more.
How to Become a Vet Tech in Minnesota?
There are a lot of students who just go through an Associate’s degree to become a well trained and certified veterinary technician. However, you should choose a Bachelor’s degree and further your career. A Bachelor’s degree can provide you with more opportunities.
When you’re aspiring to become a vet tech, it’s important to look for an accredited and recognized school. When you’re studying to become a vet tech, you need to focus on various subjects, including animal nursing, care, physiology, vaccination and more.
Most good vet tech schools in Minnesota require you to actively participate in different activities, such as lab work and clinical practice. Most colleges provide their students with access to different kinds of animals. Due to this, students are able to learn more about large, small, farm, exotic and other kinds of animals.
While studying in a veterinary technician school, you can also participate in some good internships. You may even have to indulge yourself in community service, clinical rotations and other tasks to expand your knowledge.
When you actively participate in such activities, you’re able to learn many new things about animals and their health. This can provide you with exceptional opportunities in the future. Veterinary technician schools focus on subjects like animal nursing, care, medicine, vaccination, breeding and more.
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA fully accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree online from Penn Foster College.
- Graduates of our vet tech program will be eligible to take the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE) in order to be credentialed as a licensed veterinary technician.
- At only $85 per credit with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest, our vet tech program is one of the most affordable programs in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s award-winning Veterinary Academy Team includes licensed veterinarians and credentialed veterinary technicians with over 100+ years of experience teaching vet tech students.
- Over 160 students graduated from Penn Foster College’s Vet Tech program in 2016, more than any other program in the country.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Technician
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Science - Equestrian Studies - Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Bachelor of Science - Equestrian Studies - Dressage
- Bachelor of Science - Equestrian Studies - Management
- And more...
If you’re a vet tech in Minnesota, you will have to work with a team of trained professionals to perform numerous duties and take care of responsibilities. Vet techs need to work in animal clinics, local hospitals, farms, ranches and other areas to assist people with their animals. As a vet tech, your primary responsibility is to ensure proper health and hygiene of animals.
It’s worth mentioning that most good vet tech schools in Minnesota are recognized and certified. The increasing demand of vet techs had made sure that universities offer accredited programs and courses to students.
As mentioned earlier, when you’re choosing a vet tech school, you should spend some time on research. You need to gather a lot of information to make an informed choice. This information should be related to your course, duration, subjects, and more.
It’s important to understand that most veterinary technicians take about 8 years to completely study the subjects and get multiple certifications to further their careers. A well trained vet tech works with professional vets to ensure proper health of animals. It’s always better to apply for higher education or specialization in your field.
Salary and Career Info
The interactive chart above is a visual representation of the annual salary of Minnesota veterinary technicians compared to the national annual salaries, all based on the latest May 2013 Occupational Employment Statistics figures released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Most good schools and colleges in Minnesota encourage you to apply for certification. A lot of clinics and hospitals in the state only hire vet techs with VTNE certification. You can receive proper training and education to pass the certification exam from your school. If you want to get involved in research work, you can look for other certifications after passing your VTNE exam.
When you’re studying in vet tech schools, you get to learn many different things. Most courses cover a lot of areas of study. Moreover, you don’t spend all your time in classes. You get to work in the field, clinics and hospitals. With professional guidance from vets, you can gain valuable experience.
Minnesota Vet Tech Schools
There are many good vet tech schools in Minnesota. Most schools offer a wide range of programs. Some of the best schools in Minnesota include :